Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

Can I give my dog ace-rom ozone (injectible) .1 75

Customer Question

Hi! Can I give my dog ace-rom ozone (injectible) .1 for a 75 pd Vizsla...I gave him 70 ml of Benadryl 2 hours ago to calm him but it didn't help...He has adrenocarcinoma of the nose
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry supposed to say acepromizine
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
And we think has nasal drip in the back of his throat that causes him to kind of cough
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. The injectable acepromazine can be given orally at a dose of 0.25- 1 mg/lb although some think that dosages at the higher end of this range are too high. If oral dosages require repeating, it's usually given every 6-12 hours. I would start a 75 lb Vizsla at 20 mg which is equivalent to 2 mL. If you're going to inject it, the recommedded dosing is 0.005 - 0.01 mg/lb or 0.375 - .7 mg for a 75 lb dog which would be equivalent to ~0.1 mL as you mentioned. It's best not to exceed 50 mg of Benadryl at any one time. Larger doses aren't any more effective and may cause paradoxical agitation.Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.