Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 15 yr old yorkie has Cushings disease, freq urination, wt loss, poor appetite @ times.

Customer Question

My 15 yr old yorkie has Cushings disease, freq urination, wt loss, poor appetite @ times. Is there any supplement that will help(or med) to make his remaining time with less suffering or improved? He was dx about 5 yrs ago, has lost approx 7-10 lbs within the past 6 months,has occasional weakness in rt front and left back leg when he gets up and tries to ambulate. Has numerous small mole like lesions over his body. He has freq urination to the point that he wears diapers.He is always thirsty.I just want to keep him comfortable. He still loves to go outside and walk but does tire easily. thanks for any advice.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Is Kody on any medications currently? 2) How much does he weigh now? 3) Any other medical conditions aside from the Cushings?