Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She is a 10 week old doberman mix , ive had her fpr a week,

Customer Question

she is a 10 week old doberman mix , ive had her fpr a week, when i bought her i was told she had been given both her 6way and then her 9 way shots and wouldnt need anything else until the 6 months rabies. she was a happy bouncy normal puppy, for about 24 hours...since then shes gone downhill, shestopped eating and barely drinks, she vomits yellow liquid and poops very liquidy and mucusy poo
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the unknown-word eat anything unusual?
Customer: not that im aware of
JA: What is the unknown-word's name?
Customer: Lady
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lady?
Customer: shes awful sweet , and even now all she wants to do is lay down and sleep, i dont know what to do for her and it came on so sudden
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Where did you acquire her from? 2) Is she eating the same food now that she was with her previous owners? 3) Any new treats? 4) Does she get human food? 5) The vaccines administered, do you know when they were done (what age) and where? 6) Did you receive any paperwork showing these vaccines were done? 7) Has she had a fecal exam performed? Any deworming?
I've offered a phone call too, if it would be easier to discuss this over the phone.