Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I have a chiwawa aged 2 half. Is 57 days pregnant. Been

Customer Question

Hi i have a chiwawa aged 2 half. Is 57 days pregnant. Been lathargic n recluse yesterday amd today. About hour ago had smelly jelly black poop like period from anus. Then started panting. After was happy n alert. Now after petting has layed down all relaxed n calm. Could you tell me if this is anytjing to worrie about please. Puppys are moving around inside mother.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. It's hard to know for sure. The Veterinarian will figure it out. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: I live in the moddle of the country side no vet avalible. What should i keep an eye on?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) What is this mother eating for a diet? 2) When was the last time that she had a fecal examination performed? 3) Are you seeing any vomiting? 4) How is her eating? 5) Was this stool she had formed or diarrhea?