Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

She has pink worms in vomit and stool JA: I'm sorry to hear

Customer Question

She has pink worms in vomit and stool
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** is like 6 to 8 months she was stray and she is inside dog
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Princes?
Customer: No just she is not hyper
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
Round worms are most commonly vomited and passed in the stool. Hookworms are theoretically possible. I'd like you to go to the pet/feed store and purchase a wormer containing fenbendazole (Panacur) and dose it per the label's instructions once daily for 3 consecutive days. Fenbendazole is a safe and effective wormer for all of the nematodes (roundworms, hookworms, whipworms) and also addresses the protozoan Giardia. Repeat another 3 day course a month from the initial treatment. Be sure that Princess is on a heartworm preventative as well. Many of the preventatives also can address these nematodes and so you wouldn't need to worm specifically for them. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you so much for answering my question I will do as told right now.....thank you
You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That would be awesome thank you
It's my pleasure. No need to reply at this time.