Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

The vet said my dog have severely damage liver. The vet want

Customer Question

The vet said my dog have severely damage liver. The vet want me to put her down. And her kidneys is starting to go. She is not eating or taking her medications unable to walk please help me on what should I do. And she is 11 years old
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No wounds
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Dutches
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dutches?
Customer: No I believe I said everything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lisa replied 7 months ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you.Although the only person who can really make the decision to euthanize your pet is you, I think the biggest thing you can factor in is quality of life. If your pup is in pain that you cannot control or alleviate, if your pup no longer does any of the things she likes to do, then that is the point in time where you must consider that not forcing the animal to linger on is a kinder choice.I think that it comes down to is trying to put the dog's comfort above your own pain of loss. 11 is a very good age for a dog to reach so you have done very well by her getting her there.At some point you may find the website http://www.petloss.com/ and the rainbow bridge story some comfort. Hardest thing in the world about pets is that no matter how long they live its really never long enough, but making this decision for your beloved pet is the ultimate act of kindness...to end their suffering in spite of the pain and hurt it will cause you to lose her. I hope this helps.