Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

I suspect he was bitten by a spider earlier today. He is energetic

Customer Question

I suspect he was bitten by a spider earlier today. He is energetic and seems fine but he has a swollen nose and several open blisters on it. I just gave him 25 mg of benadryl. He weighs about 50 lb. Should I get some Burrow's solution and use it on his nose?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: No. He isn't bleeding. He has some open sores on his nose.
JA: Phew. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rebel. Age 6
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rebel?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Rebel. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. If he is 50 pounds, he can take 50 mg Benadryl every 8 hours. I would apply a topical anti inflammatory such as Cortaid or Cortizone 10. Burow's solution would be OK, but the cortisone would reduce swelling and inflammation. Let me know how he is doing and what else I can answer.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
How is Rebel doing?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?