Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have a dachshund that is approximately 8 y/o. She has been

Customer Question

I have a dachshund that is approximately 8 y/o. She has been scratching at her ears for a few weeks. Two days ago she started walking funny...like she was dizzy or drunk. I took her to the vet and was told that the shaking of her head could make her feel a bit off balance. I was also told that she could be starting an ear infection after I mentioned that her ears seem to.get dirty quickly and smell bad. I got an ear rinse and antibiotic drops which I used yesterday for her. Today she is much worse and can barely walk. She is also shaking a bit.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hi Jessica. Thanks for your question. Do you happen to have a video to share of her walking/how she's acting?