Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Dr. Pearl yMy dog is a 18lbs Shihpoo just ate grass seeds

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Pearl yMy dog is a 18lbs Shihpoo just ate grass seeds and now he's vomiting. What should I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Midnight, he's 2
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Midnight?
Customer: No, he's healthy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?Most grass seeds being ingested are not a major problem by themselves, although we can see that they cause a pretty bad GI upset.Is there anything else included in the seed bag, such as mulch or fertilizer?