Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

She's not able to hold her bladder as well as usual and she

Customer Question

She's not able to hold her bladder as well as usual and she has an odor
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Girl, and she's going on 11
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Gurl
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Guar?
Customer: Not really. She never had any medical problems before other than the usual working and flea meds
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience. I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular concern and I am confident that I can help you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) How long has Gurl been unable to hold her bladder? 2) When did the odor begin? Can you describe it? 3) Still eating, drinking, urinating and defecating normally? 4) Any blood in her urine? 5) When she's unable to hold her bladder, is she having accidents in the home? Urinating in her sleep?