Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

She started throwing up. She could not keep anything down.

Customer Question

she started throwing up. She could not keep anything down. The has her on antibiotic shots and Cerenia shots. They she is feeling a little better. but still not wanting to eat. all her blood work is fine but her seg neutrophils is high at 85. for this lab ranges are 60-77. now she is haveing a little bit of diarrhea with mucus and dark and stinky. could this be from the cerenia
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: She has been sick for 2 1/2 days She is a 7 pound pom. I do not know if she got into anything. could the diarrhea be from the cerenia?
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Zita
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zita?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible.....Have you changed her diet at all in the last couple days?Is she acting normally otherwise?