Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

She belched, and I got a strong whiff of penicillin. She's

Customer Question

she belched, and I got a strong whiff of penicillin. She's a 65lb G Shepherd/Norwegian elkhound mix. I don't know where she would have gotten it to eat, though we do keep it in the house for medical reasons. she seems a little listless, but did go out side with me for a moment--noting appeared.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Rousa
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rosia?
Customer: she was at the vet not too long ago for her regular visit, which was fine. I did take her to Petco to have her nails trimmed at the beginning of the week.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Rousa. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. Can you tell if any of your penicillin is missing? If you think she ate a lot of it in the last hour or so, you could try to induce vomiting. If she did get a large dose of penicillin, she may develop vomiting and diarrhea. If you look at her gums, are they pink in color? Is she eating?