Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I have a German Shepherd puppy 7.5 weeks old. I brought her

Customer Question

I have a German Shepherd puppy 7.5 weeks old. I brought her home 2 days ago. She had her first shots almost 3 wks ago. She's been fine except for the nighttime howling and carrying on. This am she got up was playful and normal. She hasn't eaten anything at all today. She's drinking but has literally done nothing but sleep since about 10 this am. When I take her out in the yard she runs back to her bed. She has no interest in eating at all. Her stool this morning was normal. I did give her worm med yesterday not sure if it made her sick or not
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Still up in the air on that trying to decide on a unique name
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: I don't know if she's just worn out from incessant howling and crying the first two days or if she's sick
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) What dewormer was given and how much? 2) Who performed the vaccine? Was this given at the vet's office, by the vet? 3) Was a fecal exam performed at that time? What were the results? 4) Do you have a copy of the vaccine history provided to you by the breeder/rescue/adoption agency? If so, can you share pictures or a video of it?