Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

She's a healthy, active 2 yr. English Springer Spaniel

Customer Question

Hi. She's a healthy, active 2 yr. English Springer Spaniel whose breath smells like stinky cheese. We give her specially treated dental chews to help keep her teeth clear. Any ideas?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the English springer spaniel's name?
Customer: Fiona. ūüėć
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: The source of the bad breath and how to treat it.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Fiona?
Customer: Nope.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) When was the last time her teeth were examined? 2) Did they provide you with a grading on any periodontal disease? 3) Do you have a clear photograph of her teeth from the side? Like this: