Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Yesterday my dog woke up and vomited. When I took him outside

Customer Question

Yesterday my dog woke up and vomited. When I took him outside he wouldn't stop eating grass, after he vomited. He continued to eat grass through out the day. He still wants his treats and is eating though.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is 6. Tx for your help.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Henry?
Customer: He is alone on some days when I work and my husband is gone.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Has the vomiting resided yet? 2) Has he had any change in food? treats? any human food?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The vomiting has stopped. Now he is lethargic.
Thanks for your report on him having stopped vomiting. How is he eating? Are his stools normal?