PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

She has a sore front leg that she doesn't want to put weight

Customer Question

She has a sore front leg that she doesn't want to put weight on. I'd like to give her some aspirin...she weighs about 50 lbs. I have some low dose 81mg enteric coated aspirin. How much would you suggest I give her and how often? Thanks
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: she's otherwise healthy and active. I can take her to the vet tomorrow if needed, but I'd like to know how to treat her until then...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Is she on any other medication? 2) How old is she?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
She is not on any other medication...she's 10 years old.
Excellent. I will say that there are other medications that are more ideal, but you'll have to have a physical exam performed to obtain them. To answer your question, though, aspirin can be given and here's the chart you'll want to use to find the dosage: http://www.veterinaryplace.com/dog-medicine/aspirin-for-dogs/ Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to using the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, I will not be compensated for helping you today.
Hi, JACustomer. Checking in to see how your girl is feeling.