Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

8yr old female Tibetan terrier and ***** ***** mix has been

Customer Question

8yr old female Tibetan terrier and ***** ***** mix has been shaking (still shakes when lying down trying to sleep), heavy short breathes (was panting for a little), feels warmer then usual, threw up yellow foaming bile three times that I know of. i just woke up to her like this, she didn't get into anything although she didn't have her last meal but that's all I know of.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you there?!
Expert:  Sally G. replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. Shaking and panting can be a symptom of pain, but most disturbing would be the breathing in an 8 year old dog. This can mean that something is pressing on the lungs or infection. Though not what you may want to hear it would be advised to get an x ray of the lungs. I would also look into the discs along the spine as this can cause great discomfort with movement or change of position. Also if there is belly pain then this would cause the dog problems when laying down. Given the age of the dog and the range of symptoms that can indicate something serious to a gas build up in the belly I would make an appointment with your vet.At home you can take the pups vital signs which will at least tell you if this is an emergency.here is a link to take you through that http://www.petplace.com/dogs/what-is-normal-in-dogs/page1.aspx
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay, She's fallen asleep. Should I try to find a 24hr vet place then? Or just take her frist thing in the morning?
Expert:  Sally G. replied 7 months ago.
I would take a peek at her gums, if they are not pale or white, you can wait until your vet opens.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Sally G.