Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog is 10 days away from giving birth and she is having

Customer Question

My dog is 10 days away from giving birth and she is having diarrhea which she does have on occasion when not PG can I give her some Albon to help settle it down
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: JJ I have tried pumpkin already
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: No so far she is doing great just was trying to give her some relief. I'm sure the increase of food isnt helping
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) How long has the diarrhea been a problem? 2) What food are you feeding her? 3) Have you changed her food recently or added in any human food?