Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

Yea my prairie dog pup is making a clicking noise every time

Customer Question

Yea my prairie dog pup is making a clicking noise every time he is breathing, he feels cold as well and just sleeping
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help Pup. How old is Pup?
Customer: Between 6 to 8 weeks old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pup?
Customer: Well I was giving it milk but I only did it for two days and it was goat replacement milk.. They told me it's good for bonding
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also this is not a dog it's an exotic pet name prairie dogs I just wanted to make this clear.
Expert:  Joan replied 7 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with interest in Exotics.The clicking you are hearing is a sign of a Respiratory infection. This could be a result o aspirating the the Goat's milk you have been feeding. It is not uncommon for a young animal to aspirate liquids and when that happens it goes into the lungs causing a Respiratory issue. The Prairrie Dog Pup will need to see the Exotic Vet to confirm and most likely for an Antibiotic. I know you would like an easy fix, but this does require a Vet visit asap.Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 7 months ago.
Hi Yary,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan