Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My wife just took our dog to an emergency clinic. She has been

Customer Question

My wife just took our dog to an emergency clinic. She has been out of sorts for a week since we had crab legs for dinner . Tonight she began to whimper constantly. I worry that she may have found a small piece of crab shell
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No her problem is intestinal
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: She has been very thirsty and has been urinating quite a bit
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) During this meal with crab legs, was she given any meat? 2) What symptoms have you seen? vomiting? diarrhea? 3) Does she receive human food? 4) Any change in diet? 5) What breed of dog is she? 6) Any history of GI problems?