Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have owned, bred and shown dogs for over 40 years.

My 5 lb chihuahua swallowed 1 of my pro biotic capsules. JA:

Customer Question

My 5 lb chihuahua swallowed 1 of my pro biotic capsules.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Tina and she will be 3 yrs this sept.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tina?
Customer: No.....the capsule is from plexus products and called pro bio5. This happened about20 minutes ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today. I'm sorry for this concern for Tina. I double checked the ingredients in this product and I'm happy to reassure you that I don't see any that cause alarm. It's possible I suppose that she might develop loose stools as a result of ingesting this capsule but I'll be rather surprised if she does.But, should the stools become loose in 12-24 hours, a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice should return the stools to a normal consistency rather quickly. She should be fine. I hope this helps to provide peace of mind. Deb