Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have a rescued female Weimareiner. She is not interested

Customer Question

I have a rescued female Weimareiner. She is not interested in playing with toys. She will chew on Digesteeze . Ihave to put peanut butter in a kong for her to play with it. She will push a food ball and do play find it with her sometimes. Any suggestions for toys?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: She is 5 or 6 years old and her name is ***** ***** I have had her for about a year and a half.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sophie?
Customer: She does not like other dogs and she will lungs at them if we are out for a walk. It is a problem . I would take her for longer walks but sometime I can't get her attention
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 7 months ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....Do you know anything about Sophie's life before you?What kind of leash/collar are you currently walking her with?Has she been to obedience classes at all?When she acts aggressively, what do you do?