Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog just a 27 mg adderall She is about 12 lbs. What should

Customer Question

My dog just a 27 mg adderall She is about 12 lbs. What should I do. She is acting normal
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?
Customer: she ate a adderall
JA: The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Rizzo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rizzo?
Customer: shes 6 months
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Rizzo. How long ago did she get it? How many mg of Adderall? My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I would try to get her to vomit, if this happened less than an hour ago. You can give her 1 to 2 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide in some milk or ice cream (it works better if taken with some food).
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, I see it is 27 mg Adderall. Since she is only 12 pounds, I would give just 1 teaspoon of peroxide. If you do not have peroxide (and it has to be fresh and fizzy or it won't work) then a veterinary clinic can induce vomiting.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.
If she vomits the pill, no worries. If not, she may have symptoms like agitation, disorientation, hyperactivity, high blood pressure, rapid heart rate, tremors. These symptoms could last for more than a day, and might require hospitalization, IV fluids, and medication to counteract the symptoms. Let me know if you are successful getting her to vomit, and what else I can answer.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.
How is Rizzo today?