Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

He ate cotton pads that had nail polish remover on them JA:

Customer Question

He ate cotton pads that had nail polish remover on them
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Shiloh. 7 yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Shiloh?
Customer: He's a 70 lb lab.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The cotton had been in the garbage for about 2 1/2 hours
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again The chances are that Shiloh will be just fine, however I have worked out a fuller answer for you below ... 1. I have come across this problem before, nail polish remover is acetone based and unless your dog swallowed a significant amount you would be unlikely to see any side effects. Also it evaporates very quickly so if the cotton pads were left for any length of time { As was the case with you } this would markedly reduce the amount of acetone on them. So really, no problem there. 2. It is very much a plus point that you have such a large dog so the chances are that the cotton pads themselves will just pass along your dog's digestive tract without incident. There are no special measures you need take in this sort of situation other than just keeping an eye on Shiloh. Also I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me in the very unlikely event that Shiloh's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,I am just checking back in to see how Shiloh is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the nail polish remover ... Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?