PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

He is fine at the moment. I just got home and saw that he had

Customer Question

He is fine at the moment. I just got home and saw that he had gotten into a bottle of Advil, but it doesn't look like he ingested any, just spilled the bottle, but I am not sure
how to tell
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Max, he is 3
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Max?
Customer: He is about 20 lbs, good health, he is jumping around playing at the moment
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) How long ago would he have been able to have ingested the medication? 2) Any vomiting? 3) How much does he weigh? 4) Was this a full bottle? How many in the bottle? What strength?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2 hours ago at most, no vomitting, he weighs about 20 lbs, the bottle was about 3/4 full, still is really, they are 200mg tablets
Please count how many are in the bottle and tell me how many are missing (this gives me an idea on how much at MAX he could have consumed). Advil can be toxic to dogs, so I would go ahead and induce vomiting to be sure that you have the best shot at getting anything he did consume out of his stomach before it's digested. Please following these instructions and use a FRESH bottle of peroxide:'ll be waiting to hear back from you.
Checking in to see how Max is doing.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?