Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

He's not eating, lethargic, not engaged in us, trouble getting

Customer Question

He's not eating, lethargic, not engaged in us, trouble getting up
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: trying to figure out when is the right time
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: Fumble - 12.5 years old. Diagnosed with tumors
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: likely cancer
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) What breed of dog is Fumble? 2) What kind of tumors were diagnosed? 3) Is he able to get himself outside to use the bathroom? 4) Is having trouble getting up, laying down or both? 5) Any stumbling while walking? 6) Has this been a slow onset or fast? 7) Is he on any medications at this time?