Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

We just notice our newfie has a brown crusty spot on his nose.

Customer Question

we just notice our newfie has a brown crusty spot on his nose. we thought it was food. we have had four newfies before and never had this one before. wondering if we should take him to the vet or try nose butter first.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Kramer. He is 5
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kramer?
Customer: No, he is healthy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.
Can you upload a close-up photo(s) of Kramer's nose to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I suspect that you're seeing hyperkeratosis but I can be more accurate if I can see what you're seeing.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes,
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
can find paperclip to add picture
It might not appear in your browser. An external app might be needed or you can have***@******.*** help you get the photo to me.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'll text it to my vet.. didn't want to bother him on a Sunday.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Have a nice night
No worries.