Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Pearl, Nothing at this time is wrong. Yesterday I applied

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, Nothing at this time is wrong. Yesterday I applied a small amount of Miracle grow natures Care fertilizer to the base of a rhododendron. Watered it in. Just now, my 100 pound german Shepard licked the area. I was trying to research if this is a problem for him. Thank you
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Trek. He will be 7 next month
JA: How old is Trek?
Customer: 7 years old next month
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Trek?
Customer: no he is a healthy guy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 7 months ago.

Hello.

This is not a problem. These fertilizers are pretty diluted when they're applied. They're also harmless as they dry outside. The most we would see is some mild GI upset (Nausea, vomiting). In a big dog like this, that would surprise me. I wouldn't expect anything.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.