Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 9 lb. chihuahua chewed on a roach trap Wednesday. She immediately

Customer Question

My 9 lb. chihuahua chewed on a roach trap Wednesday. She immediately got black diarrhea, lethargic, throwing up... she seemed a little better yesterday and today she is back to no appetite, even her favorite treats have her turning her head.... should I bring her to the ER at this point?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the chihuahua?
Customer: She just had a great yearly checkup; she's about 7 years old, never gets sick.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 7 months ago.
Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. So the last time she ate was when? Do you know which roach trap it was so I can look up the active ingredients.