Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

How do I get a pice of straw out of my dogs ear JA: I'm sorry

Customer Question

How do I get a pice of straw out of my dogs ear
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Fred 3
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Fred?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question.If you're able to see the straw, then you could use a pair of tweezers and carefully grab the straw and just pull it out slowly.If you're unable to see it, then you can try flooding the ear with plain water. Not carbonated or anything flavored, just run-of-the-mill tap water, and see if you can get it to come out when Fred shakes his head (which he will because of the water).If that doesn't do it, then you should give your vet a call tomorrow and have them take a peek at it. You don't need to take him to an emergency vet or anything, this is something that can totally wait until tomorrow when your normal vet opens.I hope this helps.
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?