Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

We have a 9 year old Airedale who has become lethargic. Has

Customer Question

We have a 9 year old Airedale who has become lethargic. Has not eaten or drank since his walk this morning. He suffers from epilepsy and is on Pexion which has proved to be successful.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Woody
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Woody?
Customer: Apart from epilepsy he is very fit and healthy, but today he is just standing with his head down.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I don't have much to go on if Woody has just begun to feel poorly. Have any other symptoms arisen since you initially posted? Pexion (imepitoin) appears to be well-tolerated and adverse effects aren't commonly noted and are generally mild and transient. The following have been observed in pre-clinical and clinical studies (listed in decreasing frequency): polyphagia (increased hunger/especially at the beginning of treatment), hyperactivity, polyuria (increased volume of urine), polydipsia (increased thirst), somnolence, hypersalivation, vomiting, ataxia ("drunken sailor"), prolapsed nictitating membrane (third eyelid), decreased sight and sensitivity to sound. May I have an update on Woody, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Doctor
My enquiry was urgent. I eventually saw an emergency vet and Woody was diagnosed with Pancreatitis.
I thank you for your reply,and understand that you did not have enough information. I hope this explains our predicament.Regards
Alan Miller
Thank you for letting me know, Alan. My best to Woody!