Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dogs testicles are red crusty and and peeling JA: I'm

Customer Question

My dogs testicles are red crusty and and peeling
JA: I'm sorry that Testicles is feeling poorly. What is wrong with Testicles?
Customer: They are red and flaking
JA: Where does Testicles seem to hurt?
Customer: Bottom it looks like we are currently moving so we are not near a vet we have cortisone and Benadryl will that help
JA: OK. No obvious pain. How old is Testicles?
Customer: Yeah pain he can't sit down he is a year and a half
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Testicles?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. While no doubt uncomfortable for your dog I doubt if this is very serious, it sounds like an eczema of the scrotum, this is not uncommon in dogs. 2. You may well be able to resolve it on a home remedy basis by applying the likes of 0.5 % hydrocortisone cream twice a day for a five day period. I often prescribed this when clients brought such cases to the surgery. This is an over the counter drug. 3. Of course if the hydrocortisone cream does not work or you become further concerned you should have a local vet take a look but hopefully this will not be necessary. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the eczema of his testicles ... Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?