Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My Pomeranian feel today and broke her ulnar and radius and

Customer Question

My Pomeranian feel today and broke her ulnar and radius and the doctor put her in a splint. Wher the ulna is not in a flexed position and now the dog is off balance and she has not used the bathroom all day, what can I do to help facilitate her to use the restroom
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Angel
JA: How old is Angel?
Customer: 1.5
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Angel?
Customer: She is a rescue dog
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion? 1) When was the last time that she ate? 2) Was she sedated to have the splint placed? 3) Has she not urinated or not defecated?