Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My dog ate a lasartan high blood pressure pull. 84 pound lab

Customer Question

JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Chewie 11. 25mg but may have been a half pill
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chewier?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
There's very little experience with this drug in dogs but it has been prescribed at up to 0.5 mg/lb in dogs (42 mg for Chewie). Even a full pill of 25 mg would be unlikely to cause any adverse effects because in humans adverse effects aren't common. Changes in renal function and hyperkalemia (increased serum potassium level) have been noted in people but this is with chronic administration. Chewie should do nicely.Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.