Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

Uti JA: Huh? Customer: Urinary tract infection JA: I'm

Customer Question

JA: Huh?
Customer: Urinary tract infection
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rhiekert and 4 years 2 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rickert?
Customer: None, otherwise healthy.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would like to know the dosage amount for bactrim. He is a Boxer, 83lbs, good health.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. Why do you think there is a urinary tract infection?What symptoms are you seeing and what is the dog's breed?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Boxer. This is his second one. He has the same symptoms as previously. His regular vet is out of the office.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Diarrhea, some slight discoloration in the urine and some light dripping from his penis
Expert:  Sally G. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for that information. If there is a an infection the only way to know for sure is by taking in a urine sample. A healthy dog would have no discharge at all from the penis. It also sounds like something is going on with the stool which can be from a new diet to parasites or protazoa. That would need to be checked as well. The only thing that kills bacteria is an antibiotic which your vet would have to prescribe. I would drop off a first of the morning urine for testing and if there is an infection ask for a prescription and take it to walmart or Waldgreens for filling , it will save you money. I don't really see anything in the breeds prone illness that would suggest Bladder stones but this does not mean a dog of any breed cannot develop them. This would also show the same symptoms of a UTI.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yeah, I'm aware of this and went through the exact same thing with him previously with the exact symptoms he's exhibiting now.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 5 months ago.
Okay so if you are aware of this I am not sure why you wrote in? There is nothing that can be prescribed via this site. Only suggestions can be made given the the symptoms you have written in about.