Anna, Dog Expert, Biologist
Experience:  35 years training & showing dogs. Written articles for Dog Fancy, Dogs, Dog World.

Well we thought she was pregnant and now she's not eating and

Customer Question

Well we thought she was pregnant and now she's not eating and just laying around and has maggots around her but and vigan area and I can't afford a vet
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Taha and she's about 8-9 years of age
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Thea?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Anna replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with over 40 years of experience with dogs, and a special interest in dog health.I apologize that no one responded to you sooner. I suspect the reason for that is that your dog is critically ill. She needs to be seen by a vet as soon as possible.Here is a list of ideas for people who can't afford vet care: Also, if you live near a VCA Animal Clinic (these are in pet stores), they offer a free initial visit with the coupon you can get here: If none of these options work out, call your local animal shelter to see if they can help. Be sure to let them know your dog is in a life-threatening situation. If you have more questions, just let me know. I hope you can find some help for your dog, and she will be able to recover. Anna