Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I fed Maggie at 6:10 and it was a full meal. At 7:45 I tried

Customer Question

I fed Maggie at 6:10 and it was a full meal. At 7:45 I tried to give her a snack so she could get her insulin shot but she did not want to eat. I went a head and gave her the shot now I am worried she will be ill. I gave her morning shot about 8:00
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Are you doing blood glucose checks at home? 2) Was the 6:10 feeding at AM or PM? 3) And you dosed the insulin at 7:45 PM, is this correct?