Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 6-8 week old Pitt puppy ate about an1/4 of a stackers

Customer Question

My 6-8 week old Pitt bull puppy ate about an1/4 of a stackers energy pill. It's been around an hour and a half. He acts he just in his real playful mode but he never is playful for this long . He doesn't act afraid or like he's overly agitated but I'm worried
JA: I'm the Veterinarian's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you. IÂ’m sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: Nothing I can think of it might have been 2 hours ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. John replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. The biggest concern with this product is the caffeine in it. 1-2 diet pills has been known to cause death in small dogs. Hyperactivity can be an initial sign. The concern is that it progresses to high blood pressure, elevated heart rate, tremors and seizures. If he just ingested 1/4 of a pill, chances are that he will be fine. At first, I thought you said that he ingested 4 of them. That would definitely have me worried. The safest thing is to have your nearest emergency vet monitor him. If that is not an option, I would watch him carefully. If he hasn't calmed down in 1 hour, starts to show agitation or starts to have tremors, I would have him evaluated immediately. The website below has more information about caffeine poisoning in dogs. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps. http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/caffeine/ My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.
Expert:  Dr. John replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. John