Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My shihtzu's cataract eye has turned pinky reddish in the last

Customer Question

My shihtzu's cataract eye has turned pinky reddish in the last 2 hours! What could that be
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Cooper And he is 8 and weighs 7 lbs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cooper?
Customer: He had a GI bleed about a month ago. But has been doing good
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 7 months ago.
Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that Cooper's eye looks pink tonight - I'll do my best to help. How is Cooper acting besides the eye issue tonight? Does he appear to be ill in any other way?Do you think it'd be possible to send me a photo? You can attach one by clicking the paper clip icon on the tool bar at the top of the text entry box. If it's not possible I will still do my best to advise you, but it may not be as specific. Thanks and I'll await your reply.~Dr. Sara