PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Two month old puppy has lump under chin is loosing hair on

Customer Question

two month old puppy has lump under chin is loosing hair on face
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?
Customer: snow ball is a great perenaise
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Do you have a picture of the lump under the chin and hair loss on the face? 2) Where on the face is he losing fur? 3) Any itching? 4) Where did he come from? 5) Has he had his first veterinary checkup yet? First puppy booster by vet?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
has itch she is from our grown female, losing fur from nose to ears have not taken her to vet no picture
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
your opionion is fine I would like to know
I'm sorry, JACustomer. The website did not alert me that you responded. I apologize for the delay. It sounds like she likely has mange. The most common form of this is demodex although we can also see scabies. Demodex is not transmissible to people, but scabies can be transmitted pet-to-pet and from pet-to-human. Demodex: More info here: http://www.capcvet.org/capc-recommendations/demodex-mange-miteScabies (sarcoptic mange):More info here: http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/mange-dogs-canine-scabiesPictures and more info on both: http://www.bcskinvet.com/mites.phpYour vet will likely do a skin scrape to check for mange mites. With this, they will be able to determine what treatment is needed. Although scabies can be transmitted to people, treatment is typically shorter and easier. With demodex, we usually give medication daily to kill the mites and treatment can take 12+ weeks. a Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to using the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, I will not be compensated for helping you today.
Checking in to see how Snowball is doing.