Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

Is there anything I can do to keep my dog from licking a spot

Customer Question

Is there anything I can do to keep my dog from licking a spot after I put lotrimin if I don't have a cone
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Adele she is a Maltese three years old. I think it could be a ringworm but not sure . I just saw it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Adele?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. Unfortunately the only other avenue you would have is to spray the area with Grannicks bitter apple. Some dogs do not like that smell but others do not mind it. The safest bet is to get a cone from the pet store.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 5 months ago.
Hi Dawn Hall,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Sally G.