Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer: Our

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: Our dog looks to have something in her paw. I can see a thin line (maybe a foxtail?) Just started licking and chewing this paw all day yesterday. Suggestions? Epsom salt soak?
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: She is an 8 year old rescue we have had for less than 3 months. So we are still getting to know her.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Stella.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Stella?
Customer: Stella is a husky/german mix. 50 lbs. Very sweet personality.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion? 1) Do you have a picture of the area? 2) Are you able to remove what you can see? 3) Any swelling? 4) Is the sea of concern on a toe? between the pads?