Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I'm Terry, my eight year old weim has a few darker spots

Customer Question

Hi i'm Terry, my eight year old weim has a few darker spots on his coat. He is shedding a lot and i use the zoom. My son also has a weim and his 10 year old had this and his doctor said to use an antibacterial shampoo but i just wondered if thats needed. He is not uncomfortable and is an inside dog.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Andy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Andy?
Customer: Not really, I did change his food about a month ago to Natural Ba***** *****D. Have always used eukanuba or natures recipes.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 7 months ago.
Hi there! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....How long has Andy been scratching at all?Have you noticed how long those spots have been there?When was the last time he had complete blood work done at the vet?Have you noticed if his coat seems greasy at all?