Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog is three to four months old he's not eating and nearly

Customer Question

My dog is three to four months old he's not eating and nearly drinking he's lost lots of weight and his gums are clammy looking and his nose is dry. What do I do
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Dexter
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dexter?
Customer: He's a blue pit he's used to not being caged up but we had to fence him in for 48 hours to fix up the porch and then we let him out he was giving food and water and we talked to him and tried to play with him but this morning we came out side and he had lost more weight than before
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) At what age did you acquire Dexter? 2) At what ages did he have his puppy vaccines administered? 3) Who administered them and where? (vet, feed store, breeder, etc)4) When was his last fecal exam? 5) Is he on a monthly deworming regimen yet? 6) Any vomiting or diarrhea? 7) When was his last normal meal? 8) Are his gums bright pink or closer to white? 9) How is his activity level? 10) Has he had any change in diet, treats, food?