Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I believe she ate some fertilizer that was freshly applied

Customer Question

I believe she ate some fertilizer that was freshly applied to the grass. She didn't eat it from the bag, just the grass.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Name is ***** ***** will be 3 in July, she is a 140 lb Newf.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: She is very lethargic, will not get out of the car, just laying down. She will lift her head to look at me but will not move around.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. How long ago did she have this?How much do you think she had?What was the fertilizer made of? Any added chemicals?Besides lethargy, any retching, gagging, vomiting, or belly discomfort?Are her gums pink or pale/white?