Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My puppy started throwing up last night, slept the whole night,

Customer Question

My puppy started throwing up last night, slept the whole night, & won't eat this morning. He seems very lethargic. I'm so scared for him.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your puppy?
Customer: He's a large breed dog & was totally healthy the day he started throwing up.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) How old is your puppy? 2) When did you get him? 3) Any vomiting? 4) Any blood in his stool? 5) How many puppy shots has he had? 6) When were they given and by whom (vet? breeder?)?7) Any recent change of food, new treats, bones or human food?