Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She is very lathargic. We think she may have ingested a 300

Customer Question

She is very lathargic. We think she may have ingested a 300 mg of gabapinten. It was spilled on the floor accidentally. She is 8 yrs old and about 22-24 lbs. she is usually very quick and bounces around.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Her name is Bella
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?
Customer: She was very active today until about 4pm. Around two she was chewing on a large pork bone. Could that have caused a indigestion problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Are you seeing any symptoms of a GI upset? Vomiting? Diarrhea? Nausea?2) When did she first receive the pork bone?