PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Our dog had his gallbader removed , what is the best food to

Customer Question

our dog had his gallbader removed , what is the best food to feed him?
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: He is a miniature French Bull dog 11 years old named Leo. Very sweet.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Leo?
Customer: He has cancer according to the vet but does not seem sick.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
HI this is DRB. Are you available to chat?
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Ok, since I am not hearing back from you I will opt out and allow another expert to assist you. Sincerely, DRB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He also has cancer but does not seem very sick. I feed him organic turkey brown rice peas scrambled eggs carrots cod liver oil all cooked in very small piece 2x a day.. If I give him anything else he throws it up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry just missed you. I will go to email thanks
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Customer. Thanks for the additional information. If you already know that turkey, brown rice, peas, egg, carrot and cod liver oil work for him, there's no reason to stray from what works best. The ideal approach would be to use a veterinary nutritionist consulting company like BalanceIt.com, input all of the ingredients that work and allow a veterinary nutritionist to give you a formula to work from on how to make the diet nutritionally sound. They will also take into account the fact that he 1) has cancer and 2) has had his gall bladder removed. There's a page following their ingredient choice panel that asks if there are any medical concerns that should be address. You'll just add the information there and let them do the hard work. There is usually a nominal fee but the turn around time is pretty quick. I think this is your best bet for using what you know to work, but also to take not consideration his medical issues. Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to issue a rating for me so that I am compensated for helping you today.