Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

When I came home from work his muzzle looked swollen. He does

Customer Question

When I came home from work his muzzle looked swollen. He does not seem to be in distress. But he his not interested in his food. Can I give him a OTC med?
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rascal is about 8, a Welch Corgi
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rascal?
Customer: No, he has general good health
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Do you have a picture of the swelling? 2) Any swelling around the eyes? 3) Any raised welts in the coat?