PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I have a 10 year old West Highland Terrier. In the last couple

Customer Question

I have a 10 year old West Highland Terrier. In the last couple of days I've noticed when she yawns she tilts her head to the left.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the Highland Terrier's name?
Customer: Lauren
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lauren?
Customer: I have checked her ears and it does not appear to be an ear infection although she may have some wax build up but I'm unsure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hi Customer. Thanks for your question. This head tilting may be a sign of an ear infection. Dog's ear canals are shaped like L's, so we can only see about 50% of the length. There could also be a foreign body wedge down in the lower part of the ear canal past where you can see. I would go ahead and schedule a visit for her at your convenience to have her ears examined and an infection/foreign body ruled out. If something is present, early treatment is often cheaper and successful much faster and a prolonged waiting period where it may get worse. Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion?Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to issue a rating for me so that I am compensated for helping you today.